WFRP: Doomstones Campaign

One thing I'm noticing as I re-read the Doomstones campaign is that it is much more D&D set in the WarHammer world than recent products. What I mean by that is there are quite a few magical items and there is very little mind-bending chaos. Sure, there is a whole region that the PCs travel through that is chaos-ridden, but it's mostly just backdrop. There really isn't the in-your-face, PCs vs chaos fighting for the very survival of the human race. It's mostly 'go to this location, explore, fight, find this item, go to another location' kind of adventure.

It's the kind of thing I would have written, coming from D&D to WarHammer like I did. That's probably why I liked it so much back in the day. For convention play, I might have to tweak a few things to give players a real feel for the chaos of the Old World.

Popular posts from this blog

[D&D 5e] Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 17

The Gathering Storm Complete Play Report