Renegade Princeps Introspection 2

From nearly the first night of play, the GM has introduced an artifact into my character's possession that changes her personality. I find that I'm having a hard time roleplaying it.

This is a new character to me, one I don't know very well. I am the type of player who learns about my character through play instead of having my entire personality set from the get-go. In this situation, before I can learn about her personality, it changed.

The artifact has my elf acting more superior than I would have otherwise played. It has me looking down at those around me and not trusting anyone. I'm sure the relationship with my party is degrading the more I rolelplay this.

How would my character have fit in without the artifact? Would she have been able to make friends and work successfully with the group? By the time I am out from under the influence of the artifact, will they even want me around any more?

I know I should focus on exploring this situation to the fullest, but I can't help but wonder what would have been.

Popular posts from this blog

[D&D 5e] Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 17

The Gathering Storm Complete Play Report